Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Booker T. & The MG's - Time Is Tight





Booker T. & The MG's - Time Is Tight
Stax Records 3SCD-4424-2 (1998)





Disc One:
1. Green Onions
2. Behave Yourself
3. Jellybread
4. Home Grown
5. Burnt Biscuits
6. Chinese Checkers
7. Mo' Onions
8. Tic-Tac-Toe
9. Fannie Mae
10. Soul Dressing
11. Can't Be Still
12. Boot-Leg
13. Outrage
14. Be My Lady
15. My Sweet Potato
16. Hip Hug-Her
17. Summertime
18. Slim Jenkins' Place
19. Groovin'
20. Soul Sanction
21. Pigmy
22. Booker's Notion
23. I Can Dig It
24. Expressway to Your Heart
25. You Don't Love Me
26. Never My Love
27. Blue On Green
28. Ode To Billie Joe




Disc Two:
1. Soul Limbo
2. Heads Or Tails
3. Be Young, Be Foolish, Be Happy
4. Hang 'Em High
5. Willow Weep For Me
6. Over Easy
7. Time Is Tight
8. Johnny, I Love You
9. Lady Madonna
10. Mrs. Robinson
11. Soul Clap '69
12. I've Never Found a Girl (To Love Me Like You Do)
13. You're All I Need To Get By
14. It's Your Thing
15. Something
16. Sunday Sermon
17. McLemore Avenue
18. Medley: Sun King/Mean Mr. Mustard/Polythene Pam/She Came in ...: Sun King / Mean Mr. Mustard / Polythene Pam / She Came In Through The Bathroom Window / I Want You (She's So Heavy)
19. Chicken Pox
20. Melting Pot




Disc Three:
1. Gotta Serve Somebody
2. Lay Lady Lay
3. MG Party
4. Terrible Thing
5. Hole in the Wall
6. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
7. Booker's Theme
8. Albert's Rap
9. Born Under a Bad Sign
10. Medley: I'm with You/I Don't Mind/Oh, Baby Don'y You Weep: I'm With You / I Don't Mind / Oh, Baby Don't You Weep
11. Meditation
12. Green Onions
13. Sarasota Sunset
14. I'Ve Been Loving You Too Long
15. Hang 'Em High
16. Time Is Tight
17. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay






Personnel:
Booker T. & The MG's:
Booker T. Jones - vocals, trombone, organ, piano, producer
Steve Cropper - guitar, percussion, producer
Lewie Steinberg, Donald "Duck" Dunn - bass, producer
Al Jackson Jr. - drums, producer


Additional Personnel:
Jim Keltner, Anton Fig, Steve Potts - drums
Neil Young - vocals, guitar, harmonica
Albert King - vocals, guitar
Boz Scaggs - vocals
G.E. Smith - guitar
Charles "Packy" Axton - tenor saxophone
Floyd Newman - baritone saxophone
Gene Parker, Wayne Jackson - trumpet
Isaac Hayes - piano, keybaords, cowbell
Leon Haywood - organ
William Allan - keyboards
Terry Manning - marimba
Earl Grant - bass
Magnificent Montague - congas





No comments:

Post a Comment